Arlington Heights History
Take a tour of Arlington Heights from the time when Potawatomi Indians roamed the land to the present. Compare and contrast life in 1887 when Arlington Heights became incorporated as a village to today's life of high rises and mini-vans!
Arlington Heights 125th History
Jack Musich - Interview on AHSD25 Cable on Demand 44 minutes long. http://www.sd25.org/~access25/Cable/Schedule/page156/page156.html
Past Village President Arlene Mulder
Digital Past, based at the North Suburban Library System, offers a treasure trove of photographs, postcards, diaries, oral histories, documents, movies, interpretive exhibits, and other historical materials from libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural venues throughout Illinois.
Tour of Arlington Heights
Arlington Heights Historical Museum for Kids
Official site for the Village of Arlington Heights
Arlington Cardinals - Facts
Skim the column of information to find facts about your topic.
Top Ten Topics for Research
Arlington Heights Memorial Library
Arlington Heights Road - State Road - Potawatomi
Fire Department History - October 8, 1894, Volunteer Fire Department organized. First engine was purchased (a Howe hand-pumper) for $650. April 28, 1957, new fire station (AHFD Station #2) was dedicated at 709 N. Arlington Heights Road as first paid firefighters began service. (Excerpt from Arlington Cards.com)
About the Fire Department
Police Department History
Health Care - Northwest Community Hospital
Learn about communities within Arlington Heights
Catino Estates - around Pioneer Park
Scarsdale - Arlington Heights Road, Davis St., Central Rd., and Roosevelt Ave.
Stonegate - Dryden Ave., Northwest Hwy, Kensington, Drury
Historic Arlington Neighborhood Association - (HANA) -
Lustron Homes - metal homes found in Arlington Heights
News - Daily Herald
Park District -
Railroad - With the help of William Odgen, Chicago's first mayor, a railroad was built connecting Chicago with prairie settlements such as Dunton, the future Village of Arlington Heights. 'The Pioneer' a wood burning engine was put into service in 1848.
In 1854 the railroad extended as far as Barrington.
1892 C&NW Railroad built a second track and a new depot.
2000. Major downtown re-development with Village Green, a new train station. (Excerpt from Arlingtoncards.com)
Chicago and Northwestern History - Timeline
Video of riding the train to Chicago
Arlington Heights School District 25 - Overview and About Us
Click on Schools to learn about each one
District 214 High Schools - Wikipedia
St. James Catholic School
St. Peter Lutheran School
Stores and Businesses
Historic Map of AH - Click on the buildings to learn more
Mueller Pop Factory
Beverly Lanes Bowling Alley